This action provides financial support for the organization of non-profit sporting events for charity at European level and aims to support, in sport: volunteering, social inclusion, gender equality, physical activity for the benefit of health.
European Commission – DG Education, Culture and Audiovisual
This Action aims to support the organization of sporting events with a European dimension in the following fields:
- Promotion of volunteering in sport;
- Promotion of social inclusion through sport;
- Combating discrimination in sport, including gender equality;
- Participation in sport and physical activity for healthy lifestyles and health promotion;
- Realization of the European Weeks of Sport promotion
- Promotion of all activities that favor the practice of sport and physical activity, including traditional sports and games and intergenerational sport.
The project must focus on one of these objectives. It can also focus on the remaining objectives but the main objective must be clearly identifiable and prevailing in the proposal.
Actions That Can Be Financed
The following standard activities are supported (non-exhaustive list):
- Preparation and organization of the event;
- Organization of educational activities for athletes, coaches, organizers and volunteers in preparation for the event;
- Organization of collateral activities to the sporting event (conferences, seminars);
- Training of volunteers;
- Implementation of activities related to the financial statements on the completed experience (evaluations, drafting of future plans);
- Communication activities related to the theme of the event.
3 types of events can be organized, which also determine the number of organizations involved and the size of the budget:
- Local European event (Type I ): from a minimum of 3 organizations from 3 different countries to a maximum of 5 organizations from 5 different countries, all participating in the program.
- Local European event (Type II): a minimum of 6 organizations from 6 different program countries
- Event at European level: a minimum of 10 organizations from 10 different countries participating in the program. In addition to the project coordinator, the applicant must identify in the application form at least 9 organizations considered associated partners that do not receive any funding from the program.
Citizens, professional athletes, sports coaches and managers, entertainers, educators, policy makers in the sports sector, volunteers in sports, the general public, the media.
Countries participating in the Program:
- EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary
- EFTA / EEA: Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein
- Non-EU countries: Republic of North Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia
Territories / Countries of Construction
Local European events (Type I and II) the activities must take place in each Program country involved in the non-profit European sporting event.
Event at European level, the activities must take place in the country adhering to the program of the applicant organization and involved in the European sporting event.
Any public body or organization, with its affiliated bodies (if any), active in the field of sport, established in a country participating in the program. Eg:
- a public body responsible for sport at local, regional or national level;
- a sporting organization at local, regional, national, European or international level;
- a National Olympic Committee or a National Sports Confederation;
- an organization representing the “sport for all” movement;
- an organization active in the field of physical activity promotion;
- an organization representing the active leisure sector;
- an organization active in the field of education, training or youth.
Methods and Procedures for Submission
It is a centralized action. Proposals must be submitted to the EACEA Agency.
All participating organizations must be identified at the time of the grant application.
Duration of projects 12 to 18 months.
The steps to participate in the call are illustrated in detail on the EACEA website, where the necessary documents (forms, guide, etc.) are also available.
Call ID: ERASMUS-SPORT-2021-SNCESE
Language Writing the Form
The form is only available in English but can be completed in one of the official EU languages.